Thursday 27 June 2013

More stuff I don't understand.......

If you've been trying to make your own black hole from Professor Hawking's handy recipe in my last post, you're probably coming up short trying to source an event horizon.  Let's face it, they're unlikely to be available on special offer in Tesco anytime soon.

If this is the case, I have one available for sale.  

One careful, lady owner.
Hardly used, as new.  
Colour - black.  Well to be scrupulously honest, it's the colour of the absence of light.  So blacker than black.
Buyer collects. You'll need a large vehicle.  REALLY large.
And fast.  VERY fast.

As of tomorrow I will have no more need of it, as I will be past the point of no return.

I could spend several hours attempting to explain this whole event horizon phenomenon but take it from me, you'd be none the wiser.  It's mostly gobbledygook.

I've been slowly approaching my personal event horizon all week, edging towards it, dreading the inevitable point where life as I know it ceases to exist and I enter a strange alternative universe in which I HAVE NO WORKROOM.

This altered state may only be temporary, but I haven't been without a dedicated place in which to do what I do for over 20 years.  I feel as though I should go onto some form of life support system (which may or may not contain wine) in order to get me through the next week or so.

Quite why this relatively short time without a place in which to work should so derail me I have no idea.  It's not as if I'm going to be sitting around twiddling my thumbs for the duration.  There are 1001 things to do, in sequence, all of which require focus and concentration so I will have no time to brood.

Equally confusing is the realisation that just as I'm on the threshold of losing my creative space, I suddenly have dozens of Really Good Ideas which I am desperate to explore.

What's that all about?!

Perhaps it's only when you're faced with losing something that its true worth is revealed.  

Blimey..... astrophysics AND philosophy in one brief blog post.  So much for the internet being 99% rubbish or cats.....

 

No comments: