Saturday 12 July 2008

Work ethic.........

And so this is my third consecutive weekend of work with no time off for good behaviour. At least the sun isn't shining today which would add insult to injury.

So, I'm making a virtue of necessity and in the absence of summer sun, instead I am basking in the glow of a positive work ethic.

This 'working weekends and evenings' thing is the curse of the self-employed. Not for us the cosy simplicity of a 9 to 5, 8 hour working day, 40 hour week. I daren't actually calculate how many work hours I've put in this past week, given that most evenings, after dinner, I've been working on the website, or preparing invoices, or packaging orders etc.

That's the problem with working from home........there is always 'stuff to do', and simply closing the door on the workroom is not enough to shut out the clamour of all the unfinished tasks, shouting for my attention.

I also suffer from the delusion that work done over a weekend has twice the 'value' of work done Monday to Friday..........

No comments: