Saturday 27 September 2008

Kent Miniaturists 20th Anniversary............

I have just returned for a rather fine lunch to celebrate Kent Miniaturists 20th Anniversary.

As founder member of the club way back in 1988, I was awarded the status of Honorary Guest today and had the opportunity to meet members new and old, many of whom I haven't seen for several years.

I am both pleased and proud that since I handed over the reins, the club has continued to build on its reputation for excellence and the quality of their workshop programme. From its earliest days, I was determined that we would rise above the more usual club endeavours, and have nothing to do with toothpaste caps, plastic spoons or sticky backed plastic.

Over the years we made some truly wonderful miniatures at club sessions, ranging from a fully fitted gent's mahogany dressing case, with sub-microscopic hinges, to a 1/12th scale fibre-optic birthday cake, on which the candles really did light up! We also tackled a 1/144th scale doll's house for a doll's house, a proper leather bound photo album, and a working crystal chandelier amongst many other miniature projects.

So thanks to all of you who were kind enough to invite me to attend today. I hope the club continues to thrive and look forward to joining the celebrations in another 10 years!

No comments: