Tuesday 30 June 2009

Scorchier.........


Even hotter today.

Hotter than the fires of Hades.

I'm hot and sticky and longing for a cooling breeze.

Have spent ALL day today doing my most unfavourite thing in the history of ever but finally completed my tax return online, which necessitated only two phone calls to the helpline to find out why I kept getting red error messages.

Anyhoo, it's all done and dusted, except for a bit for which I have to complete a supplementary paper form as they don't have the relevant section available online yet.

Which makes a bit of a mockery of the whole thing really.

In other news, there is still a lingering odour of stinky dog, despite my having subjected Small Dog to a rigourous triple shampooing after her indiscretion this morning. Why she had to choose the hottest day of the year for smelly shenanigans I don't know. We can hardly breathe as it is.

Still, it's nearly 5 o'clock so I'm ready to down tools and declare early yardarm. Might even fire up the BBQ while we wait for the heat of the day to subside.

Sounds like a plan.........

No comments: