Monday 1 March 2010

Sunny Monday........

After what feels like weeks of relentless rain, this morning dawned bright and sunny. In the garden the daffodils are going strong and several are already in bud, despite the recent atrocious weather. The strong winds have dropped and there is a definite, if tentative, hint of spring in the air.

Already this morning I have completed a batch of china painted dolls and consigned them to the kiln for their final firing. The remainder of my day will be taken up with tidying the workroom, which is, of course, a never-ending task, then I will be able to have some fun sorting out the bits and pieces for my projects. They've ended up in boxes all over the show, so it's exciting to track them down, especially as I've forgotten about many of them. I came across a lovely big double sash window earlier, which will be perfect for my day nursery window seat. I also found several packs of ivy, left over from the front of my toy shop, which will be perfect for the garden pavilion folly. Plus a box of electric lights which will be apportioned between the day nursery and the toy shop basement (remember that?!)

So I can feel some lists coming on.

Also later this afternoon, Small Dog will be doing the honours and selecting the winning name for my French Art Nouveau Doll Shop.

I'm getting really quite excited about all the various projects which will hopefully be brought to life over the next few months.

Bring it on.........

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Looking forward to seeing your new projects Sandra..

Bev said...

Blooming lovely weather.