Monday 10 October 2011

Sanity restored.....

I sincerely apologise for the outrageous rant in my last post.  

It was completely unprofessional to give vent to my feelings in such an unnecessarily violent way.  My outburst was a complete overreaction and mostly  completely unwarranted.    I've calmed down and given myself a good talking to and it won't happen again.

The fact that I can plead mitigating circumstances, not to mention provocation above and beyond human endurance is neither here nor there.  I shouldn't let Humpty Dumpty, or any other inanimate porcelain character, to wind me up to such an extent that I lose all sense and reason.

So.

Moving on.... 


Following that Humpty Dumpty debacle, regrettable incident, I tidied away all the soft-cleaning equipment, then decided to do something uplifting and life affirming.  Last week I'd been working on some little shabby chic toy dolls, some of which just needed their final finishing touches.... a curl here, silk ribbon bow there.  So I spent a happy half-hour making some tiny silk ribbon bows and arranging mini coiffures.


Et voila........




Here they are waiting to be photographed individually for their certificates, before settling into their boxes.




I take pains to ensure that they look as good from the back as they do from the front.....




I really enjoy making these little shabby chic toy dolls.  They make a refreshing change from my more structured Jumeau style dolls in their pleated dresses or silk jackets.

They also provide soothing balm for a troubled soul.

5 comments:

rosanna said...

I love your dolls, they are beautiful and yes, I like them more than the Jumeau ones.
About Humpty Dumpty...I don't like it all, never understood its humour. My fault I suppose.
Have a nice evening, chill out with a glass of wine and ejoy it. Rosanna

Elga said...

The dolls are just SO gorgeous, I am glad your sanity is restored!!!! Give yourself a pat on the back for perseverance, I don't think I could have soft cleaned so many little pieces without losing my sanity and give those hands lots of lotion!!!!

Michelle said...

I love your teeny dolls and was so lucky to win an extra special one in Ebay. I have two other dolls plus a toy. Fantastic work and so perfectly and beautifully made too, soooo worth all the tedium and madness! :o))

Sanity prevailed! :o))))

Michelle xx

dalesdreams said...

The toy dolls are simply lovely! :)

Sandra Morris said...

Thank you for the comments ladies... it's so lovely to have my work appreciated :-)

Sx