Tuesday 8 November 2011

Online Workshop.........

It's still early in November but thus far it's been a whirlwind of activity, with the unveiling of our brand new website, as well as my seasonal blog A Miniature Christmas.


But I'm not quite finished yet.


No by no nonny no.


There's even more!  I'm really quite excited about starting my new series of online miniature workshops later this month.

Some of you will be aware that I originally trained as a teacher, and until just a few years ago, I ran workshops at various venues in the south east of England, including miniaturist clubs/societies and a few prestigious fairs including Thame and the Kensington Dollshouse Festival as well as regular monthly one day workshops and longer courses from home.

Unfortunately, primarily due to limitations imposed by my MS, I had to cut right back on face-to-face teaching about 3 years ago, and I do miss it, especially the direct contact with enthusiastic students!

So, for the past few months, I've been working on the best way to manage a return to teaching, and I'm hopeful that I've found a solution which ticks all the boxes......

I now have access to a fully-featured virtual classroom, which is even better than the real thing.  For a start, as students, you don't have to go anywhere.... no travelling by car, bus or train, lugging boxes of tools and materials in all weathers.

Through the miracle of the interweb, you can sit in the comfort of your own home, cup of tea and chocolate biscuit in hand,( in your dressing gown, curlers and slippers if you wish and no-one will be any the wiser), and I can come to you.


The classroom is sound and video enabled (so I won't have the luxury of sitting in my pyjamas!) and has file-sharing, interactive whiteboard, live chat and many other exciting bells and whistles, including a full transcript of each session which can be emailed to students.


Clever stuff eh?


I have way too many ideas for interesting and unusual projects to offer as online workshops so it was difficult to decide which one to choose for the first trial session.  I wanted to offer something seasonal, not too complicated, but which would appeal to a wide range of miniature toy or microdoll collectors. 


So here it is.....a little Christmas tree fairy scaled to fit on the top of a 1/12th tree.  For full details or to order, click HERE.






 All of our online workshops will include the following:
  • Complete kit to create the featured project
  • 1 hour interactive online classroom session
  • Ongoing email support
  • Worldwide shipping
For this first session I have a limited number of places available and the class will be scheduled to suit students' location/time zones wherever possible.  If you need more information on any of the above please contact me and I'll do my best to help.


Oh, and as an added incentive, Small Dog has generously offered to put in a personal appearance during the session.


What more could you possibly want......?




 


No comments: