Thursday 15 March 2012

The spirit of competition.........

I don't generally regard myself as a competitive sort.  I've hardly ever won anything in my life, unless you count my solitary £10 lottery win years ago, and the odd raffle prize.

I'm not into competitive sports, or, if it comes to it, individual sporting pursuits.  I think the phrase "doesn't play well with others" might have been coined with me in mind.

Indeed, actually entering any sort of competition where I have to pit myself against other people normally brings me out in a cold sweat.

Which is why I'm baffled as to the reason I've just entered not one but TWO competitions. 

I can feel the phrase "it seemed like a good idea at the time" looming into view over the event horizon.....

OK, so one has a closing date of December, which as we all know is simultaneously aeons away/just around the corner, and is going to help ensure that I have a stunning pre-Christmas workshop project planned and executed way in advance.  The other has a closing date of August and also has several lovely Kit of the Month project ideas written all over it.


The competition kit isn't available until mid April, so between now and then I have a lovely honeymoon period to plan the layout, decide exactly what I'm going to do, make lists and so on before starting on the actual construction.


As suggested I'm going to take photos showing the progression, and perhaps also hone my video making skills doing a weekly update.  So if anyone else out there is planning to enter, do let me know and we can compare notes.


For as we all know, it's not the winning it's the taking part that counts......

2 comments:

Elga said...

Enjoy the planning and building!!!!!

Sandra Morris said...

Thanks Elga....
Great excuse to pay a visit to the London Dollshouse Festival in May!
Sx