Wednesday 4 June 2008

Rant of the week by proxy...........

I'm a member of several miniature forums and this really caught my eye today. The discussion is about Ebay policies, especially the new one which bans sellers from giving buyers negative feedback!

If you follow the thread below, and click on the website link you'll get the gist. I've had my ups and downs with Ebay over the years but this really does demonstrate that they have scant regard for 'the little guy'.

All of the following are taken from the forum post.................Read it and weep

"I went back to my Ebay Sellers Digest and pulled up the auction again. EBAY REMOVED IT! Imagine that??? The person was selling their first dollar they made on Ebay. (And donating 75% to the Red Cross) There were 4 pages of "ask the seller" and it went on and on about the scams that people run on sellers (not the mini sellers luckily!) and Ebay fees and changes, yada, yada, yada. i.e., you say you only accept postal money orders, but can I pay with a chicken instead? If you will not accept this form of payment which is legal in my country, I will NEG you.....

It is a shame that Ebay is not what it used to be!

************************************************************

I've been following this auction for a few days now. Fortunately, the
seller has a website where they talk about the auction and the letters ebay
sent them pulling their auction. The seller's website is www.thadd.com
They have a copy of the ebay auction on their website.

It really is a shame how far ebay has fallen from where they once were.


No comments: