Tuesday 25 January 2011

Autonomous automata.....

You know the other day I was saying how much I enjoy problem-solving and finding innovative solutions to difficult conundrums?  

Well, I take it all back.

Of course it's all my own fault for being over-ambitious.  I just can't keep things simple and always have to over-complicate them.

It's this idea of mine for a range of automata.  I know exactly what I want to achieve, but the mechanics are proving......... somewhat elusive.


I'd compare it to one of those logic games where you can see a whole lot of interconnecting wheels and cogs with a handle at one end.  You have to work out which wheels will move, in which direction, when the handle is turned.

Only more complicated.


In my head it's all really simple (no sniggering at the back please) and what I want to do SHOULD work.  But it doesn't.   Trying to work out which bit should go where and do what, is infuriatingly difficult.

So it's back to the drawing board.

I think I may have some way to go before I can do anything like this.......

2 comments:

Elga said...

Well, I hope you find a way, that would be awesome, I have always been intriqued by automata. Good luck, I sometimes find the solution comes when I am not even thinking about it.

Sans! said...

Thanks for the introduction t autonoma! Now I want some of those, Sandra so I hope you succeed!

By the way , I have news that your parcel has arrived. Since last week! Haven't been to work so I haven't seen the books yet. Will let you know once I have them with me.