Tuesday 18 January 2011

Trying hard Tuesday........

Despite a night of monotonously relentless rain, accompanied by the ominous phantom drip, drip, drip in the loft, the sun has finally pulled itself together and made a long overdue appearance from a watery pale blue sky.

Being in the workroom is a whole different experience when it's sunny, as it is south facing and gets filled with natural light.  It's also lovely and warm so I don't have to sit hugging the radiator all day trying to encourage frozen fingers to cooperate.

In spite of my lethargy yesterday, I did manage to make serious inroads into a large order, which will be continued today.  I might even do a bit more casting later, depending on how far my new positive work ethic takes me.

Progress is also being made on some of the new toys I'm working on but they won't be unveiled until I have completed a decent prototype.  Although I enjoy the research and development aspect of new miniatures, it can be a roller-coaster ride of imminent success, quickly followed by dismal failure.  I particularly relish the problem-solving, trying to find innovative and often unusual solutions to knotty miniature challenges.


What you might call thinking outside the box.  Which is very apposite as one of the new toys is an animated box-type thing.  However, it is possible to take things too far.......





 

No comments: