- I can get up *5 minutes before I'm due to start
- I can declare an impromptu 'Wear Your Pyjamas to Work Day* whenever the need arises (see above *)
- My morning commute takes less than 30 seconds
- My working day is flexible.... I can work 9-5, or 12-8, or 6-2
- My working week is flexible.... I can take Tues & Thurs off and work through the weekend
- Travelling expenses are nil
- Nap breaks are possible at any time
- Ditto elevenses/lunch/afternoon tea/snacks
- Small Dog is always on hand to provide encouragement/displacement activity/playtime
I could go on but you get the drift.
However, one major, MAJOR disadvantage is that it's impossible to pull a sickie. Unless I'm completely incapacitated by lurgy, I find it impossible to take the day off due to illness.
The last day or two I've felt distinctly under the weather but not really bad enough to languish in bed, or take to the sofa with only Small Dog and daytime TV for company.
So I've been pacing myself, doing a little bit of casting, little bit of work on the laptop, little bit of making lists........nothing too strenuous and nothing too complicated or intense which would require me to be functioning at better than 25% of normal.
But at almost 4.45pm I've decided to knock a whole 15 minutes off my working day and declare 'home time'.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll be feeling better. Otherwise.......