Thursday 18 October 2012

Curl up and dye.....

I've been hard at it all this week, preparing two new Christmas kits to coincide with the unveiling of our vintage miniature Christmas blog on November 1st.

This has entailed the dyeing of a quantity of silk ribbon as I couldn't find quite the right colour in my sizeable stash.  I'd quite forgotten the joy of dyeing.  In fact I enjoyed it so much that I've decided to do a dye batch just as soon as I receive new supplies of plain white silk ribbon in various widths.

I've also been tackling one of my least favourite tasks, stocking up on miniature wigging packs.  It's such an unfavourite task that I always leave it till I'm down to zero packs and have absolutely no alternative but to re-stock.  It's a messy job.... the fine filaments of viscose get everywhere... in my eyes, up my nose, down my throat.... and I end up covered in a fine film of hair which subsequently transfers to everything I touch, which in my current 'must-keep-the-house-clean-and-tidy-for-viewings' frame of mind is a Very Bad Thing.

Even Small Dog starts sneezing when I go anywhere near her, although I think that's a bit rich coming from someone as patently hairy as she is.

Nevertheless, I've persevered and battled on, and now have a full stock box.

Hurrah!

Despite having ticked off loads on my To Do List, I've got a very busy few days in prospect.  It's already half way through October and the hounds of time are nipping at my heels.

I'd better go and make a start then......
 






 

1 comment:

The Dangerous Mezzo said...

Love your graph :) I am now stealing it for use at all times!