Thursday 25 October 2012

Triumph of hope over expectation.....

It never ceases to amaze me, how even the slightest glimmer of hope, no matter how faint, can lift the spirit.  Which is just as well, given the trials and tribulations of the past week in which extensive negotiations on the house front have thus far failed to reach a resolution.

We've been tantalising close a few times, but on each occasion our hopes have been cruelly dashed, so we are still on tenterhooks, awaiting a decision one way or the other.

So in the midst of the maelstrom, I've been using work as displacement activity, which is probably a first for me.  Every day this week, to take my mind off the temptation to speculate on what is likely to happen (or be more more accurate NOT happen)  I've been working exceptionally hard and have completed not one, not even two, but THREE brand new toy kits which will be released early next month.  

This unexpected bonus has got me thinking, and it seems to me that perhaps displacement activity of the creative kind is exactly what I need at the moment.

So, having mothballed La Mignonette last month, during the Great Cleaning Frenzy, I'm inclined to get it back out and have a proper go at it.  This will entail putting all my tools etc away for viewings etc, but that's a small price to pay for a bit of creative 'me time'.  I'd ended up stuck up a creative cul-de-sac with it during the summer but I feel I could do it more justice now so I may have inadvertently stumbled upon A Damn Fine Plan.

In other news, our current industrious work ethic seems to have shamed Small Dog into taking her responsibilities more seriously.



Far be it from me to suggest that this conscientious behaviour might have something to do with the fact she'd just come in from the garden with cold, wet feet and needed a warm lap to dry and warm them up......

Or perhaps she's acutely aware that it's almost time to announce Employee of the Month.
 


6 comments:

Neen said...

Definitely, Small Dog for employee of the month, she should win just for being adorable!

Sandra Morris said...

Neen.....

You wouldn't be just the teeniest, tiniest bit biased would you?

Sx

Neen said...

Yes, I am very biased, you must disqualify me from judging, I will fix the election, and will vote early and often (shades of Walter Mondale). I think Small Dog is the most adorable dog with the most expressive face I have ever seen!

PastMastery said...

Helow Smorl Dawg
Ai am takeeing taim of frum mai dooties as cheef heeler for Soosie two sey helow.

Wee dowunt hav umployae ov the munth hir.

Wee hav now employaez.
But I doo thinc its a Gud Ideya too worm yor pors on a nais lapp.

AI doo it orl the taim.

Howeva
Ai kant doo it wen Soosie is werkin on hur stuf, laik yoo kan.

Yoo ar veree luckee yoo ar smorl!

lurve DD

xx

Sandra Morris said...

Neen....

Under no circumstances will you be allocated judging rights.

And all I can say is.... you don't have to live with her ;-)

Sx

Sandra Morris said...

Helo DD.....

It iss gude two here from yue agen.

yess... i supoas i amm kwite luki i amm smol. sumtyms mi mumz doant evin noatis i amm on ther lapps.

i doo itt sureptishushli.

i hoap yure mum is fealen mutsch betr. off koars itt is ol douwn two the powr off the heelen porr, as eni fule kno.

Luv & lix
SD
xxxxx