Wednesday 24 October 2012

Weary Wednesday......

It feels as though I've been dragged through the emotional wringer over the past 5 days.  I've gone from the heady heights of joyous excitement to the depths of despair and back again.

Several times.

Why I thought any of this house-moving mallarkey would be, if not exactly easy, then at least not demoralisingly difficult, I have no idea.  

Every single house move I've ever made (and over the past 35 years since I bought my very first flat there have been several) has been dogged by delays, gazumping, gazundering, endless frustration, unexpected expense, and in one spectacular case, downright daylight robbery!

I naively thought that in the 9 years since my last traumatic relocation, things might have moved on, and the process would have become more transparent, easier to negotiate and generally less wearing on the nerves.

Ha!

I don't know WHAT I was thinking.....

Suffice to say I'm losing all round.

Losing sleep, losing confidence, losing the will to live.

The only things I seem to be gaining in spades are grey hairs.



 

No comments: