Monday 29 October 2012

Miserable Monday.....

What a horrible, cold, wet, dark, miserable day.......

I've finally succumbed to the cold and put the heating back on.  Small Dog is all curled up beneath two of her blankys which is about the best thing you can do on a day like today. 

Despite the cold, I've had quite a productive day, working on a new catalogue as our old one is so hopelessly out of date.  It's tempting to believe that EVERYONE is on the internet these days and can therefore access our website, but in reality that is far from the case.

I had a phone call from a lady at the weekend who had seen our ad in the latest issue of The Doll's House Magazine but doesn't have a computer or internet access so wanted to know if I could send her a copy of our catalogue.

"Yes of course", says I.

"No problem at all".

"It will be my pleasure".

However, after hoiking it out of the bowels of my laptop and dusting it off, it rapidly became apparent that I would have to compile a new one as it featured barely a single currently available toy or kit.

I'm so out of practice at producing anything in hard copy, aside from our little brochure which I regularly update and goes out with every order.  A proper catalogue, from which people can select and make purchases is a whole different kettle of fish. 

In addition, so many of our toys are one-offs, and all are listed on our website for instant purchase, so a paper catalogue is out of date almost as soon as it's printed and certainly within a week or so.

However, a customer has requested a catalogue, so a catalogue she shall have.  And now that it's finished, all I need to do is keep it updated on a monthly basis rather than leaving it to languish, unloved, for years on end.

Why do I feel I'm making yet another resolution doomed to fail.......?


No comments: