Thursday 13 March 2008

Race for Life 2008

Earlier this week, we lost a close friend to cancer. She was diagnosed with breast cancer only a year ago and faced the many months of gruelling and debilitating treatments with unfailing humour and great courage, and will be greatly missed.

In view of this, I thought it appropriate to post the following email from my daughter, which I received today................

____________________________________________________

I have entered the Race for Life June 1st 2008 City of London 5k Race. (Cancer Research UK)
Please go here to sponsor me:
I've set the total at a meagre £100 but obviously want to raise as much as possible, so every little helps.
If you do donate, PLEASE REMEMBER TO GIFT AID IT.
And if anyone wants to join me, that'd be ace.
By the way, due to epic proportions of unfitness on my part, I will be mostly walking this at a fast clip, BUT. I promise to run for the last bit of it. And trust me, that's something you'd pay to see.

Thank you so much in advance for any help you can give.

____________________________________________________
Each and every one of us, will most likely be touched by cancer at some point in our lives, either personally, or by supporting a partner, family member or friend.

Thanks
Sandra
X

No comments: