Wednesday 18 August 2010

Relocation, relocation, relocation.........


I am suffering from an extended case of 'writer's block'.

Every time I sit down at my laptop to work on The Book, I am immediately seized by the compulsion to Google something, trawl through emails, check my dwindling bank balance, or some other such internet based displacement activity.

So I have hit upon a damn fine plan to break this vicious cycle.

I have temporarily moved my laptop from the office into the workroom in the hope that a change of scene, coupled with being right in the middle of all the ongoing work related to The Book, will galvanise me into action and unblock my creativity.

Thus far I'm having mixed success, as is evidenced by the fact that I'm blogging right now.

*sigh*

The publishing countdown timer on my desktop is ticking off the days to my self-imposed deadline and now that I have all the various elements I need, it's the process of assembling them all into a composite whole that's causing the problem. I just need to make a start, at just about any point, and put it all together.

Sounds so simple.

So why am I having such a hard time doing it?

No comments: