Tuesday 17 August 2010

When the going gets tough...........

I'm usually quite a laid-back, 'glass half full' sort of person.

Pragmatic.

Relentlessly optimistic about life, even in the face of all evidence to the contrary.

Always willing to try new things, embrace new experiences......

But today has stretched my laid-backness to the max.

So.

In order to restore a sense of calm equilibrium I decided to do a batch of dyeing.

I've blogged about my penchant for dyeing before. The act of taking pristine white silk ribbons and transforming them into an array of rainbow colours always lifts my spirits.

And today my spirits have been in sore need of lifting.

However after spending a few hours dyeing and pleating a profusion of ribbons I am now in a calmer place.

This sense of calm has also been aided and abetted by the consumption of a glass or two of a most acceptable Antipodean white wine.

So although all is not quite well with my world, I can just about not care.

Result.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wish I could help with the *elastic* Sandra, but I know about as much about elastic as DD does about staying awake!

Yes she is on the bed again...*supervising * me cleaning the chandelier ( a once a year job thankfully )!

Now that I DO know a thing or two about!

Lots of love and calm vibes...
Sue xx
and zzzzzzzz DD