Thursday 12 August 2010

Shooting stars........

Tonight there is predicted to be the most spectacular meteor shower for years. From 10.30 pm onwards it should be possible to see hundreds of shooting stars, depending on levels of light pollution.

I'm planning on sitting out on the patio for a while to see if I can spot any. And of course, as it is traditional to make a wish on shooting stars I'm making a comprehensive list.

Small Dog has expressed an interest in joining me but only if I provide her with a lounger chair for the duration of the exercise. However I expect she'll probably be more interested in looking for Canis Major than meteors......

2 comments:

DLSarmywife said...

I'll be out looking too! I'm gonna see if I can get some pictures using my night setting on my camera. or maybe the fireworks setting! LOL Enjoy your evening of stargazing!

Anonymous said...

This is, of course, if the cloud cover will let us see it!

Sorry girls but the weather forecast is not good!

DD is entirely with SD on this. If refreshments and decent seating are not provided, she may feel inclined to report us to HER union.
FANG
Fox Terriers Against No Goodies!

HA!