Tuesday 15 September 2009

Why do I never learn...........?

After a weekend of relative rest and recuperation it was back to work yesterday and an all-out effort to clear the backlog of preparation required to enable me to do a bisque firing tomorrow.

This means that I've spent a total of 11 1/2 hours over the past two days doing soft-cleaning, my least favourite task in the whole dollmaking process.

As a result there is hardly a nerve or sinew in my body which isn't administering pain of various degrees. My spine, legs, arms, neck are all out in painful solidarity and the final straw is a steel-headband of a headache, no doubt caused by the intense concentration and careful dexterity needed to gently examine and 'clean' hundreds and hundreds of very, very tiny pieces of incredibly fragile greenware.

To say I am fed-up is a gross understatement. However, it's my own fault for pushing to get it all completed in two days, when the same amount would usually have taken four or five.

The only upside is that at least every single piece has been processed, with minimal breakages, and the kiln can be loaded up tomorrow and fired.

Job done.

I'm off to pop some painkillers and hopefully fall into a deep, dreamless, undisturbed sleep for the next 10 hours.

1 comment:

Crafts From The Stash said...

Sandra, I have not been in blogland much lately and I am sorry to hear you have been so poorly. I hope you feel better soon. ((((((((((( hugs ))))))))))
Debie xxxxx