Wednesday 12 May 2010

Hive of activity..........

I have been a very busy bee today and have accomplished, in no particular order:

  • Second china painting and firing of all the tiny toy dolls fired last week
  • All current invoices have been processed
  • Tidied my office desk (this might not sound like much but you should have seen the mess it was in beforehand)
  • Cleared out and rationalised ALL the tool boxes in the workroom.
  • Made a start on the end of year accounts by beginning to "organise the paperwork"
This is all of course A Good Thing and gives me a feeling of achievement and a sense of pleasure in jobs well done.

However.

All of the above most definitely qualify, in some sense, as displacement activity, as I should have been engaged in a thorough appraisal of where I am with The Book. I'm due to have a publishing consultation next week and I need to be thoroughly prepared, otherwise it will be a complete waste of time.

To be thoroughly prepared I have to go through all my notes relating to The Book, scrutinise the layout structure, review the chapters in various stages of completion and try to work out where it all goes from here.

It's not rocket science, and it's not going to take long, but for some reason I keep putting it off, which is making me annoyed with myself. It comes to something when even doing the accounts is the more attractive task.

*sigh*

In other news, some progress has been made with the room box in advance of my trip up to KDF on Friday. I'll be picking up a very special item which I've commissioned, and am compiling a shopping list of bits and pieces I need to complete the nursery. I'm really looking forward to the fair itself, but not the journey, which is always a bit of a pain.

In other, other news, I received my invitation to the Spring 2011 Miniatura yesterday. We exhibited at the 50th Miniatura in Spring 2008 but haven't attended since then. I'm inclined to book it, especially if everything goes according to plan with The Book but if so we wouldn't do it by campervan with Small Dog in attendance.

Hm, lots to think about. But for now, I'm going to spend some time immersed in what I should have been doing all along.

Displacement activity permitting of course.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not looking forward to the journey either Sandra.But I am looking forward to seeing all my friends!

Your little girl and Small Dog will go on the blog later today!

Love
sue
x