Up bright and early this morning to tackle the last of the dreaded soft-cleaning (removal of seam lines on castings) which inevitably took much longer than I had anticipated, so it was almost lunchtime by the time I had meticulously loaded the kiln with hundreds of tiny little limbs and bodies.
I then decided to make a long overdue start on my day nursery room box and have got as far as this.
Not much to show for a whole afternoon's work I hear you say.
Pshaw and tush.
Ok, I'll grant you that putting together 4 sides of a box isn't ground-breaking stuff. However I have in mind to install a false wall, behind which I can hide all the lighting and electrical gubbins and in the process, create a recess into which I can put a comfy window seat.
Sounds simple doesn't it?
I thought so too, until I'd spent a hour on Version 1, which was complete pants.
Version 2 started off promisingly enough, until I got to the point where I had to do the angled recess.
Geometry was never my forte. As you can see.
Anyway, I think I've just about cracked it, and the angled recesses are now in place, if a teeny bit wonky. However, I am reasonably confident that by the time I add some artfully draped curtains any discrepancies in my angle calculations should be practically undetectable.
Tomorrow I'm going to install the copper tape runs, lighting sockets, LEDs etc. I have a soldering iron and I'm not afraid to use it. Although this time I won't inadvertently burn a hole in the carpet.
Also, at some point during the day I'll be exercising my democratic right to vote.