Thursday 9 December 2010

Belated birthday greetings.........



In all the kerfuffle around Snowmageddon, I completely forgot to wish my blog a happy 4th birthday on 4 December.

It hardly seems like I've been writing this nonsense shimmering prose for four whole years but there you go. 


Doesn't time fly when you're enjoying yourself?


In other news, PP and I are having our annual Christmas 'works do' tomorrow, which should be fun, although it is currently all strictly 'hush hush'.  


In other, other news, despite having a late start with my Christmas shopping I've been quietly doing some online shopping and am now much more pleased with my efforts than I was a week ago.  Of course I am now subject to the vagaries of the Christmas postal chaos, which has been exacerbated by the continuing atrocious weather over most of the UK but at least I don't have to do battle in countless endless queues in shops.


So, just 15 days till Christmas.  Depending on how you look at it, that's either loads of time, or no time at all.  I'm currently ricocheting between the two, either panicking or supremely laid-back.  It would be good at some point to reach some sort of equilibrium.


Our plans for Christmas Eve/Christmas Day/Boxing Day have been in a constant state of flux.  At one point last week we were anticipating having 7 people for Christmas dinner.  That has since been changed to just 3 of us on Christmas Day, then 6 on Boxing Day.  Just as well we haven't bought a massive turkey!

*sigh*



2 comments:

rosanna said...

Happy blogbirthday. I love coming here and read your wonderful prose. Best wishes, Rosanna

Anonymous said...

Me too...never miss a letter....IT IS shimmering prose too!
Sx