Wednesday 29 December 2010

Too much of a good thing......?

We emerged, blinking, from our Christmas cocoon this morning and back to some semblance of normality. Or at least as normal as the Twixmas period is likely to get.

Gorgeous Daughter did manage to get here on Christmas Eve after all.  As did the rest of the family on Christmas Day.  We had a lovely time.  Nobody got (too) drunk, there weren't any arguments and we're still all talking to each other. We've eaten our own bodyweight in turkey, beef and ham and drank rather more than is probably good for us.

Now, in the aftermath, the house looks like a bomb has hit it, and escaping to the relative tranquil calm of the workroom is most definitely on my agenda this afternoon.

The friendly countdown timer on my laptop informs me that there are only 49 days till the Thame Fair, which I am absolutely determined to get to, come hell or high water, following the KDF debacle.  Of course the (only) upside of not being able to get to Kensington is that we don't need to bust a gut re-stocking, which is good.  So I can get on with some of the new projects on my list, which is also good.

At this point, right at at the end of the year, and on the brink of New Year, it's traditional to review the past 12 months, and reflect on all the ups and downs.  On a personal and professional level, 2010 has had rather more downs than ups.  I had intended to do so many things and successfully complete stage one of my Grand Plan.  However I have no one to blame but myself for the lack of progress in several crucial areas.  

I'm not going to make any New Year Resolutions for 2011.......that's just setting myself up for failure from the off.  But I know that I do need to do some things differently.  I still might not get the results I want, but at least I'll not get them for different reasons.

Right, that's enough introspection.  I'm off into the workroom to do something creative for a change.

I may be some time...........

1 comment:

The Nag said...

Twixmas. I like that.