Wednesday 21 May 2008

My brain hurts.......

For TWO WHOLE DAYS I have been up to my ears (literally!) in invoices, receipts, bank statements, spreadsheets and all the paraphernalia involved in producing the end of year accounts, leading up to completing my tax return.

Question: Is gin tax deductable?

Answer: If not, why not?

Suffering as I do, from dyscalculia (see earlier post........much earlier) the whole numbers thing is a bit of mystery.

I know where I am with words. Words are so easy. Each word means something and put together they mean something else. They fit together in my head perfectly.

Numbers, on the other hand, are slippery buggers. They get in league with decimal points, who quite frankly should know better, and then it all goes pear-shaped.

Not to mention the thing with the tens and units.

And don't even get me started on spreadsheets, which should make the whole thing so much easier, but only serve to drive me to distraction.

So, for two days, these have been the parameters of my world................


No comments: