Friday 23 January 2015

Day 22 - Facebook Art Challenge.....

There's a thing doing the rounds on Facebook at the moment, called the 5-Day Art Challenge.  Artisans are nominated to present three photos of their work for 5 consecutive days, nominating another artisan on each day.

A fellow dollmaker, Mary Williams, nominated me yesterday, so here goes.......

I'm starting off with a whole project, which has been ongoing for a few years now, and is tantalisingly close to being completed.  As a micro dollmaker I decided that I should really have a miniature doll shop, to showcase my work.  

The whole story of the project to date is detailed HERE, but in a nutshell, I kit-bashed a very basic DHE kit and transformed it into a Parisian shop at the end of the 19th century.  

On the ground floor is the doll showroom, being filled with all manner of doll's accessories, clothing, wigs and, of course, dressed dolls.

Upstairs is the workroom of the proprietress, Mademoiselle Emilie, fully equipped with all the tools of her trade.  She is aided and abetted by smallest Small Dog, and her great friend Archimedes, the rat.

So here are the first three of my photos for the challenge.....




 Mlle Emilie in her workroom


A selection of tiny dolls in the showroom

2 comments:

The grandmommy said...

Very nice! I saw a building of this quality at a doll show? Dare I tell you how much it sold for? Just fill in some numbers to this figure. $00,000.

Sandra Morris said...

Wow.... that's a lot of noughts!