Sunday 25 January 2015

Day 24 - Little boxes.....

I have a guilty secret.

I'm a sucker for little things in boxes.  The smaller the better.

All of my little toy dolls come in special boxes, many of my toys come in boxes, I've just started a range of Mignonette dolls in boxes...... I'm a little bit obsessed with boxes.

So for Day 3 of my Art Challenge, I present a selection of little toy dolls in boxes.  Or, to be more precise, tiny wooden trunks.


 Illustrated vintage-style wooden doll trunk

Which opens to reveal.......


Inside, the trunks are decorated in tiny print papers.  The little toy doll is on a removable stand and is dressed in shades of silk to complement the trunk.  She carries a tiny leather handbag.

On the other side of the box is a silk dress on a hanger.  Under the shelf is a matching silk and lace bonnet and a tiny posy of silk roses.

Doll trunk in pink


These little vintage doll trunks are very popular, and often sell out as soon as they're listed on the website, so I'm always happy to make them to order, in specific colours to match or contrast with customers' doll's house decor.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Gorgeous!!
Rx

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

Love the contents of your special little boxes but on the whole, little boxes terrify me. Scarred for life I was, being shown the gruesome contents and told it was Auntie Winnies finger that she'd cut off that morning. I screamed and ran, ran and screamed with that horror in my 8 year old head. When my mother managed to chase me down I was hysterical. She shook me hard, slapped me and told me to stop being so stupid. Yes, still scared of little boxes....

Sandra Morris said...

Susan....

OMG!... no wonder you were traumatised?

People who play such cruel pranks have no idea of the terror they can cause and that the repercussions can last for years.