Sunday 29 November 2009

Global domination..........

I seem to have inadvertently acquired 52 followers.

I have become very lax in welcoming new followers, for which I apologise, as if you take the time to read this blog, the least I should do is extend a warm welcome.

So welcome all new followers. I've also been looking in some detail at the countries from where people are 'dipping in'.

60 countries!!!

I am amazed.

And curious.

For example how did the visitor from the Republic of Moldova discover this blog.

Or Serbia, Uruguay, or Bulgaria.

Moving up the rankings, I've had visits from residents of Korea, China and Mexico.

True aficionados with visits in the hundreds come from as far afield as Canada, New Zealand and the US.

As a boney fido amateur cartographer, I could spend hours trying to match up the little red dots with actual places on the map.

I am particularly intrigued to know who has visited from the red centre of Australia. If you're reading this, do get in touch and let me know where you are. I'm worried in case you're lost in the desert and used the last few minutes of your mobile phone battery trying (unsuccessfully) to find a SatNav map on the internet. Although if that was the case, you are probably past saving.

Similarly, other followers/readers from far flung corners of the globe....... leave a comment or drop me an email. I'd love to hear from you!


4 comments:

Richard de Pesando MA(RCA) said...

Is that Hawaii? - I always forget how far out it is. Watching Hawaii 5-0 as a kid, it just felt like it was 3 miles off the coast of Miami - but it's right out there in the middle of nowhere.

Sandra Morris said...

I think it must be.....hadn't noticed that one.

I love maps!

Eva said...

I come from a city close to Barcelona in Spain. Amazing how with a blog could talk and meet people around the worls, isn't it? :) Thanks for the warm welcome!

Eva
www.mini-escenas.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

Hi Sandra,

Gosh, 60 countries that's amazing! :o) I too am equally amazed and fascinated how 'blogshire' links so many people from all over world. Quite wonderful really. ;o)

Michelle :o)